SCIENCE ACTIVITIES, PRESENTATIONS, BIRTHDAY PARTIES AND MORE!!
WE MAKE SCIENCE FUN!!
1. Glue Goo
2. Elephant's Toothpaste
- 16 oz empty plastic soda bottle
- 1/2 cup 20-volume hydrogen peroxide (buy this at a beauty supply store)
- Squirt of Dawn dish detergent
- 1 teaspoon yeast dissolved in approximately 6 teaspoons very warm water
- Large plastic plate
- Safety glasses
1. Get a cup with one teaspoon of yeast in it.
2. Add 6 teaspoons of warm water and stir for about a minute.
3. Put on your safety glasses.
4. Pour the 1/2 cup of peroxide and dash of Dawn dish detergent into the soda bottle.
5. Stand the bottle with peroxide in the center of the plate. Put the funnel in the opening.
6. Pour the yeast mixture into the bottle and quickly remove the funnel. This may get messy!
7. When it is safe touch the bottle to feel any changes that take place.
3. Homemade Silly Putty
- 1 oz. white (Elmer's) glue
- 3 teaspoons borax dissolved in 8 oz. of water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup
- 1 spoon
- Snack baggie
1. Pour 1-2 oz. of glue into a cup
2. Measure 2 spoonsful of cornstarch into the glue.
3. Mix the glue and corn starch with the spoon.
4. Add 3-4 teaspoons of the borax water to the glue mixture. Wait 15 seconds.
5. Stir the mixture together until it stiffens; mold the putty until it becomes solid. It might take 5- 10
Jennifer Price © 2013